Caption Display - Features
- Bright, high-visibility matrix LED display with wide viewing angle to easily read Closed Captions from a distance.
- Clears TV captioning to separate display and enables unobstructed viewing of 100% of the TV screen.
- Available with 0.8" to 4.0" character heights.
- Displays upper and lower case characters.
- Works with standard closed caption signals (C1, C2, C3, and C4).
- External, large format display of all ASCII characters from television, video tape, video disc, cable and off-air sources, including extended characters for Spanish, French and many other languages.
- Ideal for theaters, museums, public meetings, information kiosks, churches, trade shows, airports, exhibitions, hotels and any noisy or crowded environment.
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation with various mounting options.
- Rugged, slim, lightweight enclosure with a quality finish.
- Low power consumption and long life LEDs result in low operating costs.
- Perform real-time captioning using our optional Caption Display Software or compatible third-party products.
By simply using keyboard entry, you can manually transcribe what is spoken into captions with our advanced Caption Display software. It also allows you to control prepared text files during meetings, presentations or live performances.
Additional options include Speech Recognition software that allows a speaker to convert what they're saying directly into displayed captions.
Problems and Solutions
Problem: On-screen captioning obscures part of the picture. Many people feel that the aesthetics of the on-screen image are seriously compromised by the captions.
Solution: Our Closed Caption Display Systems keeps the video image clear by moving the closed captions off the screen. It works by pulling off the hidden closed-caption encoded onto a video signal and sending it to our easy-to-read LED displays.
Problem: Legibility problems occur with regular captioning. When the monitors are placed at a distance from the viewers, the captioning can become very difficult to read. There can also be line-of-sight problems, with people in the front blocking the view of those in the rear. Because of these shortcomings, closed captioning is sometimes turned off altogether.
Solution: The CD-2000 comes with highly visible matrix LED displays providing excellent visibility from a distance. The captioning systems can also be placed away from the video it to provide much better visibility to all viewers.
Problem: Displaying multiple captions in different languages simultaneously.
Solution: With the video loop through feature, which is standard on all our systems, you are now able to display multiple languages on separate displays providing a wider audience for your presentation.
Compusult supplies turnkey solutions for Real-Time Captioning that include our Caption Display Software, Caption Display systems, voice recognition software for converting speech into displayed captions, writing assistant software that aids in transcription and accessories such as specialized microphones and devices for wireless connections to Caption Display units.