Caption Display - Features
- Bright, high-visibility matrix LED display with wide viewing angle to easily read closed captions from a distance.
- Clears TV captioning to separate display and enables 100% screen viewing.
- Available with 0.7" to 4.0" character heights.
- Displays upper and lower case characters.
- Works with standard closed caption signals (C1, C2, C3, and C4).
- External, large format display of all ASCII characters from television, video tape, video disc, cable and off-air sources, including extended characters for Spanish, French and many other languages.
- Ideal for theaters, museums, public meetings, information kiosks, churches, trade shows, airports, exhibitions hotels and any noisy or crowded environment.
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation with various mounting options.
- Rugged all aluminum cabinet with a quality finish.
- Low power consumption and long life LEDs result in low operating costs.
- Perform real-time captioning using our optional Caption Display software or compatible third-party products.
Compusult’s real-time voice to text captioning is an advanced Caption Display software that allows you to manually transcribe what is spoken into captions via keyboard entry. It also allows you to use and control prepared text files during meetings, live performances or presentations. Added-cost options include:
- A Voice Recognition (VR) package, which allows a speaker (whose voice has been adequately trained for the VR Software) to convert what they're saying directly into displayed captions.
- A writing assistant package, which uses word completion technology and other features to aid in manually transcribing what is being spoken into displayed captions.
Problems and Solutions
Problem: On-screen captioning obscures part of the picture. Many people feel that the aesthetics of the on-screen image are seriously compromised by the captions.
Solution: Our Closed Caption Display Systems keeps the video image clear by moving the closed captions off the screen. It works by pulling off the hidden closed-caption encoded onto a video signal and sending it to our easy-to-read LED displays.
Problem: Legibility problems occur with regular captioning. When the monitors are placed at a distance from the viewers, the captioning can become very difficult to read. There can also be line-of-sight problems, with people in the front blocking the view of those in the rear. Because of these shortcomings, closed captioning is sometimes turned off altogether.
Solution: The CD-2000 comes with highly visible matrix LED displays providing excellent visibility from a distance. The captioning systems can also be placed away from the video it to provide much better visibility to all viewers.
Problem: Displaying multiple captions in different languages simultaneously.
Solution: With the video loop through feature, which is standard on all our systems, you are now able to display multiple languages on separate displays providing a wider audience for your presentation.
We also offer complete turnkey packages, consisting of any or all of the following items:
- A Caption Display unit of your choice;
- Portable case for the display unit;
- Display unit stand;
- Portable notebook computer stand;
- Caption Display software;
- Voice recognition software;
- Headset and/or silencer mask style microphones; and,
- Writing assistant software.