Captioning is an ideal solution not only for hearing impaired persons, but also for noisy or crowded environments, theaters, museums, public meetings and presentations. In addition to our high-quality turnkey Caption Display units, we also offer various capabilities and services to support any captioning and subtitling requirements.
Compusult's captioning and subtitling services experience includes:
- An integrated software and hardware solution to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) and the Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation to allow for real-time capture and video insertion of donor information during the Live Janeway Telethon. The information was embedded in a linear key format for superposition on broadcast video.
- A comprehensive and integrated solution to Lenoir-Rhyne College which enabled all live events to be captioned in real-time throughout the campus including classrooms, theatres, auditoriums, music room, etc. It consisted of 11 Caption Display Units of five different sizes and configurations. Compusult also provided Caption Display and speech-to-text software to allow the presenters or designated captioners to speak and have their words appear real-time on the displays. We also provided personnel training in captioning for live events, custom mounting options, communication links for wireless captioning and remote control, plus custom start-up messages for each Caption Display system deployed on campus.
- Development of enhancements to commercial captioning and transcription software for companies in the United States and Canada.
- Production and editing of educational and training videos with both closed captions and descriptive video.
Compusult’s Captioning Services Customers Include:
- U.S. National Park Service
- Lenoir-Rhyne College, Hickory, North Carolina
- City of Long Beach, California
- City of Forth Worth, Texas
- County of Los Angeles, California
- Network Television Time
- Spitz Inc.
- Orlando-UCF Shakespeare Festival, Orlando, Florida
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)
- Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, Government of Canada
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Cheetah International
Captioning, Consulting and Training Services
Compusult provides educational and training videos with both closed captions and descriptive video. We also offer a variety of consulting services, such as analyzing your captioning requirements and assisting in technical challenges, guaranteeing our clients are equipped with the knowledge they require to use our captioning products and services.
Caption Display Units
Compusult's Caption Display units are complete, ready-to-use systems that provide external, large format display of closed captions from video, computer and other sources. They’re ideal for venues where hearing impaired persons may be present. Just connect our Caption Display to a closed caption video source and it will decode and display the captioning on its bright, high-visibility, 4-line LED display. Our Caption Display units and associated services offer our clients a proven and reliable closed captioning solution. To view more information about our Caption Display Units, please click here.
Compusult's Caption Display software allows you to transcribe the spoken word during meetings, live performances or presentations using voice recognition software, keyboard entry, and/or prepared text files. It also integrates directly with our Caption Display units to provide high visibility text for hearing impaired attendees or translated versions of spoken words for audiences with different primary languages.
Turnkey Captioning Solutions
Compusult supplies turnkey solutions for Real-Time Captioning that include our Caption Display Software, Caption Display systems, voice recognition software for converting speech into displayed captions, writing assistant software that aids in transcription, and accessories such as specialized microphones and devices for wireless connections to Caption Display units.