Technical Capabilities Summary
Compusult has developed strong technical capabilities and a high degree of versatility through the experience of its personnel in successfully completing various scientific and technical contracts to deliver information technology solutions. As a result of our training and experience, we provide expertise in the following areas:
- Project Management Using Agile Implementation Methodologies
- Cloud-Based, Load Balanced Systems Implementation and Deployment
- Systems Design and Architecture
- Geospatial Data Management Systems Development and Deployment
- Web-based Incident Management and Decision Support Systems
- Camera Image Analysis, Storage and Capture
- Mobile Application Development
- Geomatics and Geographic Information Systems
- Asset Tracking, Inventory Control, Check-In/Check-Out Systems and other Automatic Identification and Data Collection (AIDC) Technologies
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Custom and Commercial Software Development
- Unstructured/Structured Data Storage, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics for Enterprise Big Data Applications
- Custom and Commercial Electronic Product Design, Development, and Fabrication
- User Interface Design and Development
- Systems Integration
- Data Communications and Networking
- Assistive Technology and Workplace Accommodation/Adaptation for Persons with Disabilities.
- Data Warehouse and Data Clearinghouse Design and Implementation
- Speech Technologies, including Text-To-Speech and Voice Recognition Applications
- Real-time Image Analysis, Machine Vision, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Applications
- Numerical Modeling and Simulation
At Compusult, we manage all aspects of a project using integrated planning to identify requirements, design and architecture, conduct risk analysis and create development and deployment plans to satisfy users’ mission goals. A User Centered Design (UCD) philosophy is incorporated within a spiral engineering methodology to accomplish the project objectives and deliverables for development and deployment. This is the same approach that has allowed us to successfully deploy many unique software systems. This methodology permits scheduling of phased reviews, based upon software iterations, that provide for refinement and enhancements of user requirements and application functions. It also effectively and efficiently supports changing requirements, technologies, and standards-based specifications, all from a user’s perspective. This approach necessitates a high level of end-user engagement and provides ongoing opportunities for assessment and feedback during the course of any project.
The company also embraces Agile Methodologies when there is a need to develop software quickly, in the face of rapidly changing requirements. We employ design principles that keep our software flexible and maintainable, and utilize known design patterns that have been shown to balance those design principles for specific problems. We balance the Systems Engineering and Software Engineering activities to ensure the customer has the right amount of process for the project at hand.
All Compusult applications are deployed using a systems integration methodology that includes:
- the utilization of standards wherever possible;
- obtaining and configuring reliable commercial hardware and software appropriate to the requirements;
- in some cases, developing custom software to meet unique requirements; and,
- integrating the systems, commercial software, and data communications/networking environments.
Compusult has considerable experience in managing small and large scale projects. Compusult has managed projects both as the sole contractor and as a member of a consortium development team. Our management experience extends to well-defined quality assurance procedures, adherence to documentation and coding standards, and ongoing consulting and support services after project completion. Compusult’s project management team approaches every project according to corporate objectives:
- Obtain customer satisfaction using corporate guidelines as outlined in our ISO 9001:2015 quality management plan.
- Deliver products and services on schedule/budget and meet customer requirements.
- Develop effective customer communication to:
- capture customers' requirements and needs;
- identify and adhere to any applicable regulatory or statutory requirements;
- ensure the customer is informed and kept apprised during project execution; and,
- capture customer feedback.
- Continually improve our products and services by incorporating customer feedback into product improvements and our service capabilities.
Systems/Software Engineering and Process Management
Compusult Limited’s experience and diverse services make us ideally suited for deploying and integrating our products into a variety of diverse client environments:
- We were in the top 500 companies to join the Internet in Canada and the first in our province. Our ISP division, InterActions was the first commercial Internet Service Provider in our province. The company has developed many tools and applications that handle Internet transactions, monthly billings, firewalls, large volume e-mail, Web hosting, Internet networking for our own service and our customers, and many other routine tasks associated with maintaining thousands of users in a real-time, Internet-based environment.
- We operate mission-critical applications and maintain on-line ordering and delivery of data products in computing environments that include Wide Area Network (WAN) design, implementation and operation and supply of on-site equipment and facilities for turnkey end-to-end solutions.
- We provide technical support services for all aspects of the delivery and installation of Standards-based Commercial Off-The-Shelf (SCOTS) applications. We also provide expertise in supporting administration staff in the development, maintenance and deployment of applications.
- Compusult has successfully deployed fully integrated end-to-end solutions in cloud-based computing infrastructures like the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- A number of training programs exist that can be tailored to an organization’s specific requirements. Training programs can be implemented on-site or at Compusult Limited facilities.
- We fully support the software installed by our personnel through warranty programs.
Research and Development Projects
The company’s present research and development capability has evolved as a result of experience gained through contract work for many clients in applications software development and systems integration. These contracts have enabled Compusult to become highly skilled in software design and development and preparation of technical documentation.
Compusult invests significantly in research and development in Web-enabled database access; on-line Internet services; geomatics and geographic information systems; mobile computing; data communications and networks; assistive technology; and physical environmental applications.
By investing in research and development, a company is investing in its future. Compusult recognizes the importance of R&D and its role in remaining competitive in a technology focused industry.